[meteorite-list] Meteorite Falls in Toronto

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:58:44 -0700

Hi all,

Marc Fries was kind enough to look into this event.

He says, "Howdy Ruben

   I examined the radar data. Both the Buffalo and Fort Drum radars
are in range, although both are out at fairly extreme range. The
Canadian radar data is useless, unfortunately, because they only offer
a pre-calculated rainfall product instead of the raw reflectivity
data. Even Buzzard Coulee disappears in the rainfall product, because
meteorites aren't rain. Duh.

   Anyways - I didn't see anything in the radar data. Word among the
scientist-types up there is that this one probably eroded completely
away, or almost completely away. If anything reached the ground it was
pretty small."

Rock On!

Ruben Garcia

Website: www.MrMeteorite.com