[meteorite-list] [meteorite-list} URGENT

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:00:33 -0800

Greetings all,
        Today your congressmen and women are debating a bill
To CENSOR the internet!
        No, not about "kitty porn" or even about bomb making....
It is about corporate lobbying $. The want to censor anything
That may not benefit their ability to make MORE MONEY.
        Please help to stop our country from becoming totally
BY BIG BUSINESS FOR BIG BUSINESS instead of by the
People, for the people!
        Democracy ONLY works if THE PEOPLE take an active
Role.
        Please read below and, if you are a US citizen SIGN THE
PETITION ! This most definitely effects the meteorite community.

---
 This week Congress is debating whether to grant themselves the
power to turn off parts of the Internet. Fun sites such as YouTube,
Informative sites like Wikipedia, etc, etc, etc!
If enacted, new laws would force Internet Service Providers to block
websites that any corporation suspects violates a copyright or suspects
doesn't monitor it's users' content close enough for copyrighted
materials. That means that any website, foreign or based in the U.S.,
could be wiped out on suspicion and made unavailable to everyone in the
world.
And this would just be getting the foot in the door. You can be certain
Should this cluster of laws pass, be certain that censorship would
Continue to expand. We have seen censorship become so absurd
That many school districts and even states are defacing and watering
Down MARK TWAIN! (Replacing the "N word" with "slave" instead
Of dealing with discussions as to the significance of that word being
Used within the context of the book). Once the foot is in the door,
There will be no end to censorship (There is a movement to bar the
Recent TV show about American Muslims - because "It gives the
Wrong impression that Muslims are not part of a movement to
Destroy the American way of life." There will be no end of justifications
To turn the internet onto a "politically correct" format and to limit
Entirely what has been up to now a free market, free information
And free interactive voice in the world.
This week there will be a historic filibuster of the Internet Censorship
Act where the names of every person that signs a petition against Internet
censorship will be read. I added my name. Please add yours too.
http://pol.moveon.org/nointernetcensorship/?r_by=-9483161-2FGPQSx&rc=pac_noi
nternetcensorship_letter.email.g0
Thanks!
-