[meteorite-list] FOR THE DISCRIMINATING METEORITE ENTHUSIAST: THREE WORDS

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:59:11 -0500

Hi,

I don't have the specimens in-hand just yet, and I promise to make images available. To use a term others have used in just-received correspondence, as this is an "epic" offering, I simply thought I might spotlight an upcoming attraction prior to its debut. I can tell you that these specimens will have a lot of surface area and a 2mm thickness.

There is one other detail worth mentioning that I just shared privately: despite Willamette's size, this is an extremely limited offering. There is an agreement which has been entered into federal court between the American Museum of Natural History and The Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde that the Willamette meteorite will never again be subdivided.

All the best and thanks for your interest,

Darryl