[meteorite-list] Impact evidence in trees?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:37:17 -0700

Trees grow like this when subjected to a steady load for several years,
not when they are exposed to a blast.

At high altitude, this kind of bending is common from heavy snow loading
that persists well into the spring growth season. At lower altitudes, as
in the Polish forest, it is most likely that the bending is induced.
Foresters sometimes load young trees on plantations (and that looks like
a plantation) to produce curved wood for a variety of purposes, most
especially for furniture making.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory