[meteorite-list] Polygraph testing legality

From: dave carothers <carothersdl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:42:01 -0500

Polygraph instruments are not meant to "read your mind". They only measure
changes to the autonomic nervous system (BP, galvinic skin response, heart
rate, etc.). When properly calibrated, the instrument does exactly that.
You can't beat a peoperly calibrated polygraph instrument.

You can, however, beat/fool the examiner and as Rob already stated, there
are instances of pathological liars defeating the exam. Their autonomic
nervous system doesn't respond like the norm and therefore deception is not
indicated during the exam questioning.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave