[meteorite-list] Fully Documented Hammer?

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:01:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Anita,

I can't speak for falls outside the US, but there are?5 or?6 US falls that might

fit your parameters.?

You are obviously familiar with Cartersville, GA (2007) I'm sure.? It fits all
your

requirements except classification which will come soon I'm sure.? The display
is at the Tellus Science Center.? ?Others are:
?
Benld, IL (1938).? I believe most pieces of the impacted auto and most of the
H6?stone are in the Field Museum, Chicago.?

The small H5 stone and aluminum shed roof of the Centerville, SD (1956) are on
display at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology in Rapid City.

I believe the Field Museum also has a "holed" floor board of the Kilbourn, WI
barn that was impacted by a H5 stone in 1911 and a small piece of the stone (and
maybe a cast of it??).
?
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science has the impacted roof and dry wall
boards of the Canon City, CO (1973) H6 fall.??It has at least a large fragment
of the stone in its collection.
?
There are a also a couple of private displays of Park Forest impacted artifacts
(printer and stone) I believe.

Peekskill might not fit your criteria, but I believe there is a cast of the
whole meteorite that goes with the car.?

Hope this helps a bit,

Frank