[meteorite-list] TKW OF THE TATA MARTIAN

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 17:46:15 -0500

Hi Adam and List,

It's the most important fall of 2011 and of the past 50 years. The
inner cores of these fresh specimens will provide pristine
uncontaminated material for science. This is the freshest Martian and
planetary there is. I imagine demand will be quite high, beyond the
usual frenzy we see at the beginning of all new falls. This meteorite
will surely end up in several journals and that will create an ongoing
demand as new research yields tantalizing clues of the solar system's
past.

This goes far beyond any ordinary chondrite fall and will have more
interest than other Martian material that comes from large paired
finds. Given the planetary status, the freshness, the fact it is
unpaired, and a modest TKW, this new Martian will probably settle down
on the higher end of Martian collector meteorites. If nothing else,
it will compete very favorably against other Martians, much like how
NWA 482 historically fetches higher prices than your "average"
lunaite.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com