[meteorite-list] Meteorite Composition Question

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:49:06 +0100

Answer:

Minerals: Yes.

Chemical elements: No.

Best!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] Im Auftrag von Michael
Groetz
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. Februar 2011 20:19
An: Meteorite List
Betreff: [meteorite-list] Meteorite Composition Question

   Am having a hard time posting to the list. This is my third try-
please bear with me. If this does not go through- I will not be trying
again.

   Meteorite composition is identified using known "earth" chemicals
and substances. Have there ever been any meteorites analyzed, where
even the most minor substances within it, cannot be identified using
known "earthly" terms? In other words- "We don't know what it is?".

   I've always wondered this if any of you would know.

Thank you
Mike Groetz