[meteorite-list] AD: Special: Truly Perplexing New Rumurutiite NWA 6022 prov. (& budget slices of fresh BRA NWA 6349)

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:04:05 +0100

Dear meteorite community,

today we demonstrate once again, why our "Specials" are called special.

We have here a new R-chondrite
- which alone, also in our spoiled times, is something very remarkable. -
But..
Usually, as you know us, we would explain the particular properties of the
type, chemically and textural details, perhaps we would make some historical
excursions, would tell about statistics, masses, ev. a little price &
availability discourse ...and so on.

But here?

I think we should simply let you alone for some minutes with the pictures.

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa6022.html

Well.
We issued really a lot of different Rumurutiites the recent years, but one
like that one, we haven't seen yet - have you?

A very unique appeal. That very distinct and constantly thick weathering
frame all around.
That grayish-brown matrix, with the orange freckles everywhere.
Unbrecciated.
Chondrules - it is classified as an R4.
And here and there these huge inclusions, sometimes alabaster sometimes
somewhat pink, as if they would be borrowed from a bencubbinite.
Very interesting material, isn't it?
One could suppose that this strange appeal may be phenomena of extensive
weathering, but it isn't - as with W2/3 NWA 6022 is slightly fresher than
the average.

As we - and most probably you neither - haven't seen such an R before and so
far, we guess, that it must be unpaired.

Alas. Spectacular it is.

So let's keep the "Special" even more special.
The R-chondrite-prices everywhere you know -
we say simply and despite these unique appearance: 20$ per gram

(and both Chladni's Heirs have a bet running, how quickly this special will
have been sold out :-)

And an addendum we have.

You might remember the very fine, fresher and affordable brachinite, NWA
6349, form the last but one special.
There we were asked, whether we couldn't cut also some smaller slices.
So we prepared also some very good budget pieces - at the same price per
gram like the large ones.

Here you are:
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/special-nwa6349-2.html

Best wishes!

Martin & Stefan

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com