[meteorite-list] Auction Policies

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 15:43:05 -0600

I agree with Tracy and Michael regarding announcing the absentee bids during
the auction, that absentee bids should NEVER be announced. Falling Fusion
asked it as a neutral question for anyone to answer pro or con, but those
watching through the live stream and those in the room have all mentioned
they didn't think it was right to announce those amounts.
I was watching via the online feed and everyone was able to post comments
real time in the chat area to the right of the streaming video. There were a
LOT of "Unhappy People" who had put in absentee bids and were upset that
they were announced before the auction commenced.

I've bid through several live online Auction Houses such as Heritage Auction
House and if they ever gave out the absentee bids or any Houses such as
Christie's or Sotheby's ever gave out absentee bid amounts and announced
those before an auction, they'd all be bankrupt with lawsuits.

Let's make sure next year that those "PRIVATE" absentee bid amounts, are
indeed kept "PRIVATE!"

Have a great day!

Brian Cox

IMCA # 6387