[meteorite-list] AUCTION POLICIES

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:57:36 -0700

There is more to the story. The bidding was moving along at $25 increments (or was it 50, which it should have been at that price level) and I had a bid in at 850. Then, in comes a bid at 860. My immediate reaction was WTF - where did this $10 increment come from? So, I entered a protest bid of 861. That caused a lot of hubbub and, when it died down, I informed the block that my real bid was on the next **proper** increment. Somehow that got me to $900 and the bidding ended.

There were some irregularities with increments on Saturday night. There were auctions that the block was moving at $25 or $50 when the current bid was $100. However, it was clear that the item was going to move up quickly, so no harm, no foul.

Paul Swartz