[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION ETIQUETTE/ AN APOLOGY IN ORDER?

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:51:55 +0100

Mr. Oatman,

if you read passus 10 ff. of your quoted link ...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/claudine-williams-memory-deserves-better-than-this-81882842.html

... you'll realize that two Counts Deiro are mentioned: Roberto, the father,
and Guy, the son. Roberto started the auction business in 1976 and sold it
to Guy in 1991 - to "his now estranged son", as one can read.

All three articles you're quoting are dedicated to problems which arised in
2010 and in which Deiro auctioneers obviously were involved under the
responsibility of Guy Deiro, 9 years after his father had sold the business
to him. Not difficult to realize that Count Roberto, the father, can't be
blamed at all in this case.

Yes indeed, a public apology would be in order.

I know Count Roberto from the list as well as from personal contacts, and I
know him, to cut the matter short, as a highly reputable and honorable man,
with his enthusiasm, his engagement and good sense of humour an absolute
enrichment of this list.

Btw. as myself being closely in contact with the modern and contemporary art
scene I think I can say that Count Roberto's achievments in regard to how to
be a serious, fair and successful auctioneer are utmost precise and really
splendid. Thanks for this, Count.

With best regards,
Matthias Baermann