[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION

From: Don Edwards <icedance_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:13:37 -0800 (PST)

As both Adam and Matt have commented, the prices were all over the place. Some went WAY below what I had expected; a few went for more; a couple went VERY high.

A couple of the absentee bidders had "deep pockets" so some bids went high that way.

If I hadn't already been "broke" from earlier show purchases, I would definitely have been bidding on several of the items. As Michael Blood commented on some, they were a "real steal."

I think that the "no reserve" on most of the items kept the price down since we could start the bidding at what would be rediculously low prices. There was no reason to start up in a more reasonable (to the seller) range.

Don