[meteorite-list] Public Smearing of Someones Name

From: Warren Sansoucie <warren3174_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:28:03 -0600

Hello List -

This is silly!! I stopped receiving the METlist several months ago because all I ever saw on here was name calling, name smearing and other assorted childish nonsense.

Just think of it, I had people chastizing me for talking "off topic" about the Moon.....at least that's in orbit and bits of it do fall at times.

I think it truly becomes a slippery slope once we try to reign in someone by airing personal business for all to see while placing it in a context that attempts to harm character. Sure, the information regarding the auction service is public, but when brought to everyone's attention in this manner, it is only done for one purpose. I find it very funny that the obviously leftist rag tried to tie a connection to a Tea-Party official......no bias going on with any of that reporting....

I recently started getting the METlist back in batch form.....I'm questioning my doing of that now as I drone through page after page of off topic banter that seems only to end up destructive and stressing.

I don't personally know Mr. Deiro or Michael Blood. What I do know about both of these people is that they are respected and kind. I doubt either person has done anything that merits this much crap being said.

All was well and good up to the point that someone attempted to smear someone's reputation. This type of activity has no place here as far as I am concerned.

I hope someone can get us back on topic....I'll even take a lame discussion of tektites at this point.

Warren Sansoucie
IMCA 3174 METsoc
St. Louis MO