[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION ETIQUETTE/ AN APOLOGY IN ORDER?

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 06:39:02 -0700

Compared to Bonhams and Heritage, Michael's auction proceeded slowly. The big boys run 60 to 90 lots per hour compared to about 40 on Saturday night. The Heritage auctioneer's final word before the hammer falls is 'fair warning', a heartbeat, bang - on to the next lot. If you are going to win something there you had better be prepared and know what your top bid will be. There is no time to dither.

Paul Swartz