[meteorite-list] Why Are Death Valley's Rocks Moving Themselves? -- not off-topic at all!

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:07:54 -0700

Hi Rob and all!

I was out at Danby this last weekend. Some rocks on the dry lake had
been on the move!
There were a couple of rocks I noticed with marks about 1 foot long.
There were also broken bush limbs with same marks. This area was
under water and very muddy for the last month or so. Although it did
get below freezing a few times, I am thinking the water had a big
part in the movement, along with the wind. That mud gets slicker than
snot when wet (I learned that several times the hard way over the
years). The tracks I noticed showed the rocks moving North or little
North of the Old Woman range!!

Cheers!

Jim Wooddell