[meteorite-list] Why Are Death Valley's Rocks Moving Themselves? --not off-topic at all!

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:28:12 +0100

Hi there,

haven't followed the whole thread,
therefore sorry if it's a double post,
here is an article about moving rocks on Planet Mars:

http://www.ucalgary.ca/news/utoday/jan7-09/martianrock

Best!
Martin

PS:
Currently camping next to a promising rock, looking like a meteorite, in
desert, waiting for it to trespass an imaginary line, from where on it will
immediately lose its status as a natural heritage and its cultural
properties.
I have no incentive to announce it to the authorities, although it looks
like ALH 84001, but has fresher fusion crust, because they will declare it
to be property of the state. And they even won't give me back the dime for
the phone call. Anyway, it would cause only troubles.
So I wait... come to papa... and if it doesn't come... who cares.

It's a strange thing, with that heritage and culture and the national
importance.
I'm born in the country, where Ernst Florens once invented the meteorites at
all.
72 entries we have in the Bulletin, quite the same like Argentina or Canada,
much more than Slovakia or Denmark. And seen surface and time, we even left
Australia behind.
In the neighbor state, Schreibers invented modern meteoritics.
We both have no meteorite law!!! Eeek! How can this be possible - a true
scandal!!

(I know, I know an useless argument. In Australia, Oman, Argentina..nobody
knows, who Ernst Florens and Carl von was.)

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----