[meteorite-list] The Trials and Tribulations in Dealing with Landowners

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:00:28 -0500

Paul, list,
I heard all about this and more details at the Gem show.
In Steve's defense. I think he is trying to find a market for these wonderful gem stones from space.
The trouble is that he is not the only one who has these space gems.
The truth is that these stones were available for purchase at the show from another dealer and they were considerably less expensive than the stated value in the article.
So, there in lies the problem. IMHO, all involved are good people but, this economy is holding back the sales of these space gems. But, in this biz I have noticed that supply and demand often play a key roll.
For Steve's sake and for that of this entire industry I do hope that these things sell quickly .
It is my understanding that they are considerably more rare than diamonds yet are priced well below the cost of an equivalent flawless diamond.
I agree with Adam. I too hope this is settled quickly and everybody "lives long and prospers".
Once again. The late great John Lennon once said "possession is not nine-tenths of the law. It's nine-tenths of the problem".
Best to all,
Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza