[meteorite-list] IMCA] RE- Customs holding packages

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:31:40 -0600

Thanks Jeff,

What the heck should we use? Now, after you pointed this out, I don't want
to use any HC-Harmonized Code.

I do remember that code 7103 and 7102 from before and now I think about it,
I actually didn't use it since I was afraid it would get someone's attention
who might want to steal gemstones or in the case of 7102 ,which is for any
kind of diamonds, rough, unworked or simply sawn, etc. If you look under
http://hts.usitc.gov/Table%2025.xml it gives you every kind of other rock,
asbestos, sandstone, cement etc., but nothing really that seems perfect for
meteorites.

I looked up the 7102 on the http://hts.usitc.gov and it gave 20 categories,
all of the rough diamond listings below. I don't think we should use those
either, since someone might think they're rough diamonds and turn into a
mole and swallow them at the shipping company or the Customs Department. If
they swallow Murchison they might turn into a Super Human or an Alien. ;-)

Thanks,

Brian Cox

Search Results
20 Results Returned
7102 Diamonds, whether or not worked, but not mounted or set:
7102.10.0000 Unsorted
7102.21 Industrial:
7102.21 Unworked or simply sawn, cleaved or bruted:
7102.21.10 Miners' diamonds
7102.21.1010 Carbonados
7102.21.1020 Other
7102.21.3000 Other:
7102.21.3000 Simply sawn, cleaved or bruted
7102.21.4000 Other
7102.29.00 Other
7102.29.0010 Miners' diamonds:
7102.29.0010 Carbonados
7102.29.0020 Other
7102.29.0050 Other
7102.31.0000 Nonindustrial:
7102.31.0000 Unworked or simply sawn, cleaved or bruted
7102.39.00 Other
7102.39.0010 Weighing not over 0.5 carat each
7102.39.0050 Weighing over 0.5 carat each