[meteorite-list] Geoff's book

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:37:28 -0700

Dear Walter and Laurence:

Thank you for the kind compliments about my new book.

As some of you know, I have been a writer for many years and my
published work has focused on meteoritics, paleontology, and the arts.
While there are a number of excellent reference works on meteorites by
our late friend Richard Norton and others, until recently there was no
guide to meteorite hunting. One of the most frequent requests we
receive as a result of the "Meteorite Men" series is: "I want to look
for meteorites, how do I start?" My book is an attempt to answer that
question.

As Walter noted, this is primarily an entry-level work, and you old
pros will already be familiar with much of its content. To widen the
appeal, I hired my very talented photographer, Suzanne Morrison to
take a series of studio photographs to illustrate the characteristics
of fusion crust, orientation, chondrules, flow lines, regmaglypts,
etc., and the book is also peppered with numerous photos from both
seasons of "Meteorite Men," as well as various anecdotes from the road.

Our good friends Nancy and Dr. Larry Lebofsky, late of "Meteorite"
magazine, did a superb job of editing the book, and I was honored to
have an introduction written for me by Chris Cokinos, of "The Fallen
Sky" fame.

"Meteorite Hunting" can be ordered online at: http://meteoritehunters.tv

If any List members would like their copy signed and/or personalized,
just let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

Thank you for your interest and best wishes from a grey and blustery
Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com