[meteorite-list] Valera affidavit and 1cm cubes

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:41:33 -0600

Hi all about Valera, and Greg about the 1cm cubes,

Yes, Google is the best to look for anything these days. I was looking
Valera up and then saw Shawn's post with it. Believe me, google saves
everything searched, that's why if you google your name or your web site or
any user ID you've ever had, it's on google. Kind of an invasion of privacy
I think, but that's the world we live in.

Greg, I have some of the cubes, but unfortunately these don't have the 1cm
on them. I'd rather have those too! They are Drake Damerau cubes and are
made from 6061T6 aluminum, and anodized to a military grade spec. The
letters are filled in with baked enamel. He told me last year that he saw
the one he sold Steve Arnold on ?Meteor Hunters? one day last Spring 2010.
He thought it was the ?Tucson Meteorite? episode. They showed a picture of
his find next to one of his cubes. You can always tell it?s a ?Drake Cube?
when you see the dot next to the N. All other cubes made have a small line
next to the N, not the dot.

I'll send you a photo of mine, and you can always write Drake if you want. I
just wrote him a few minutes ago to ask him if he has made any with the 1cm
on them.

P.S. is anyone else noticing so many of the posts being incredibly long. I
think maybe some are replying from the list email instead of a separate new
email which is what we should use. It's pure hell trying to read these on a
cell phone when you have to scroll through the whole list of 20 posts and
some with the entire previous 20 posts attached under their one post.
Always send a new email page with the subject and attach the post you are
talking about if you want. It's much easier on all then to have the entire
list of all posts to scroll down through.

All the best!

Brian Cox