[meteorite-list] A chance photo discovery

From: pshugar at messengersfromthecosmos.com <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 19:55:09 -0700

Hello, list,
If you write the Odessa meteor crater museum and ask if they still have
a copy of the:
"Occasional Papers of the Strecker Museum" "The Odessa meteor craters
and their geological implications" written by Glen L Evans and Charles E
Mear.
There are numerous good drawings and many B&W photos of the crator and
the
surounding area in the 50 page booklet.
I used to live just 2 1/2 miles from the crator and have personally been
inside each
of the five crators. It's not as awesome as The Barrienger crator, but
still has
a good deal of awe as you stand in bottom of the main crator and look
out.
In trench "D" there was found a prehistoric horse tooth. this was before
WWII.
Sometime during the war, it was missplaced and has since been lost.
My book is available, if needed for research.
Pete IMCA 1733