[meteorite-list] Frederick, Maryland Fireball

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 10:28:15 -0500

This was reported to the AMS regarding the 12/28/2010 MD/PA fireball.

Sonic effects
Concurrent Sound Yes
Delayed Sound Yes
Remarks before i saw the ball streak there was bright flashes similiar
to lightning that lasted 5-10 seconds before the steak, then heard an
explosion in the distance 2 mintutes after the ball streaked across
the sky, similiar to a Class B mortar just 1 boom

Of the 144 reports this is the only one reporting a boom. several
others reported swooshing sounds. No sonic reports to the AMS
regarding the 12/29/2010 MD/PA fireball.

The 12/28/2010 MD/PA fireball was the 2nd most ams reported fireball
event of 2010. WI was the 1st. The 12/29/2010 MD/PA fireball was the
6th most reported.

Witnesses / event ID.
324 / 194 - WI
144 / 929 - 12/28/2010 MD/PA