[meteorite-list] Shattercone?

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:27:05 -0800 (PST)

It would help to have the exact coordinates and circumstances as a substantial
area of the UP of Michigan is a giant mining network. Given this fact I cannot
rule out a blasting artifact but can't rule out a shatercone either.

A formation/deposit was recently identified in Michigan which was impactite from
Sudbury. I have samples in study from another "misidentified" formation which I
believe it from Sudbury.

Elton