[meteorite-list] RdDL 067 & RdDL 068 in MetBull #99

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:33:48 -0700

Thanks for mentioning this Bob!

Believe it or not, this was Pauls very first find by sight alone. It
was kinda funny how it happened....

I had just met him (and friend Mike Morgan) at Red Lake intending to
show them how to find meteorites by sight alone. After just a few
minutes of searching Paul walked over with this little beauty and
said, " Ruben, would you look at this, I doubt it is a meteorite."

 I replied, "You have got to be kidding!"

Paul misinterpreted what I said and assumed that he was somehow being
ridiculous with his first attempt. Feeling frustated, he quickly
snatched it from my hand and drop kicked it as far as he could.

I screamed, NO PAUL, It's a meteorite!

After, retreaving the stone he was very happy, and now to have it
classified I'm sure he it doubly so!

Congrats, to Larry Atkins too! (I had nothing to do with his find, He
is very good!)