[meteorite-list] Historic Kapoeta Howardite Thin Sections and 12 more Locations - AD

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:01:57 -0500

Hi List,

I have a couple of thin sections that were recently made from the
last piece of the Kapoeta Howardite I have from the Dr. E A King
collection. I bought several epoxy embedded pieces of Kapoeta from
Meteorite Man Steve Arnold about a decade ago. These were part of
the pieces that supplied the thin sections that were used in multiple
research articles.

Here are links to some of those papers:

"Carbonaceous chondrite clasts in the Kapoeta howardite" (a discussion
of the CM and CI clasts)
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1993LPI....24..183B
>From The Lunar and Planetary Institute

"A unique eucrite clast from the Kapoeta howardite" (a discussion of
extending the compositional range of the eucrites)
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1991LPI....22.1105P
>From the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference

"The Kapoeta howardite: Implications for the regolith evolution of the
howardite-eucrite-diogenite parent body" (4 Vesta)
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//full/1998M%26PS...33..835P/0000835.000.html
>From Meteoritics & Planetary Science, vol. 33, no. 4

Here is a link to a Meteorite Times article on another of Dr King's
Kapoeta thin sections I sold to Jeff Hodges many years ago.
"The King Kapoeta Slide"
http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2007/October/Micro_Visions.htm

I also have some other thin sections I would like to get
moved to new homes.
- 12 additional different locations, some with multiple quantities.

Bilanga Diogenite (fell 1999)
Cole Creek H5
Dar al Gani 476 Martian Basalt, Shergottite
Farmington L5 (fell 1890)
Kapeota Howardite (fell 1942) *see above
Morton H6
Ourique H4 (fell 1998)
Polujamki H4
Portales Valley H6 (Metallic Melt Breccia) (fell 1998)
Putinga L6 (fell 1937)
Selma H4
Vyatka H4
Zegdou H3

They are available on a new version of my website, meteoriteUSA.com
I am currently offering only thin sections but I will be adding some
meteorite inventory and some books.

http://www.meteoriteusa.com/sections.htm

Thanks for taking a look,
John