[meteorite-list] Huge Fireball: Possible First Meteorite Fall of 2011

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:05:43 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the post, Eric.

A TV station out of Lafayette, Louisiana reports on it. Below are 2 links from them, the first being a written account of the meteor and the 2nd is a link to the embedded video report, including a photo of what they say was THAT meteor ( no info on who took it, etc. ). They say the fireball was traveling from SE to NW, and was visible from OK to FL with sonic booms heard in NC where it was too cloudy to spot visually. That's a BIG chunk of real estate! As Eric wrote, there were sighting of it right here in Little Rock, AR. Unfortunately, I wasn't outside or even facing the right direction from any window in my house, so I didn't see it.

Does look and sound promising for dropping meteorites. Any radar reports from anyone? ( Marc ???? )? ( Rob? ???? )???Please keep us posted.? :-)

http://www.katc.com/news/huge-fireball-spotted-over-southeast-us/

http://www.katc.com/player/?video_id=5689

Robert Woolard? ?