[meteorite-list] AD(?) - Sikhote-Alin in tree

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:25:22 EST

Hello Richard,

I am not tall, but I am glad to know that my reputation is! ;-)

I don't have a very good answer for you, but let me try a couple comments:
First, we all know that Sikhote-Alin is quite rust-resistant.
Also, whomever cut that tree down and found the S-A went thru a lot of work
and effort to cut away a good chunk of the tree to expose that S-A, and he
also scrubbed the tree very well, it looks polished. I would guess that he
also made some efforts to make the S-A look good by scrubbing away whatever
rust was on it. But take a good look at the close-up picture I just posted, I
believe there is a bit of rust and rust-stain around it and deep in that
hollow.

Does that help?

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 1/12/2011 7:56:13 PM Mountain Standard Time,