[meteorite-list] Another Fireball 1/12/11 - Minnesota

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:51:52 -0500

Well it looks like the meteors just won't stop.

Reports of a large meteor and flash are coming in from Minnesota,
Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin. The approximate time of
the event is 6:30 PM CST.

For more info see:
http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/comets/more-fireballs-1-3-fireballs-reported-in-minnesota-on-11211/

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is an extraordinary amount
of fireballs happening right now?

By the end of Jan 2010, there were 29 AMS fireball events with 61
total witnesses.

By Jan 13th 2011 we've had more than 52 events with 145 total witnesses.

All things being equal, I'd say that is more than a 3x increase in
reported fireballs year over year.