[meteorite-list] Core samples from chondrites

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:04:08 -0800

Forwarded to the list for Sean Murray
--------------------------------
Folks,

Does anyone have experience taking a core sample from a chondrite for
repository / classification. The purpose would be to preserve certain
exterior characteristics by taking ~25 grams in a core and keep the 5gm
crusted plug. As a side note, considering most cores I found online
were marble cutting using water or a coolant, I would also be interested
if the process could be done dry, even if the cutting bit is wasted in
process.

Sean