[meteorite-list] 1099s coming?

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:43:15 -0600

The new 1099 rules are not set to start until 2012 and before that the
IRS still needs to issue its proposed regulations and hold public
hearings.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/05/smallbusiness/1099_health_care_tax_change/

So I agree with Susan; don't panic until we know what the rules are.

Another interesting rule change which does go into effect this year is
the 1099-K (which was part of the 2008 stimulus). Which affects
merchants using paypal if they have more than $20000 in payment AND
have more than 200 transactions in a year.

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2010/9/1283997077.html

- YvW