[meteorite-list] Meteorites 101

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:18:25 -0500

See I always thought bolide was a a large fireball that fragmented. Is it safe to say only bolides become meteorites?

So the scale of bigness: meteor, fireball, bolide, super bolide. Super bolides are the ones shaking homes and >=-24 magnitude.

Great distraction after a terrible defeat by the squeelers. Congrats mike.