[meteorite-list] Four "new" terrestrial Craters under new study

From: Charles O'Dale <codale0806_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:00:10 -0800 (PST)

On an astronomy list I belong to, new studies of four different terrestrial
craters are being discussed, FYI:
?
Kercher Lake, Saskatchewan:
?
http://astronomy.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=58381&p=3&topicID=7625323

http://travelingluck.com/North%20America/Canada/Saskatchewan/_5991213_Kercher%20Lake.html#local_map

?
?
Bloody Creek, Nova Scotia:
?
http://www.acadiau.ca/~ispooner/pdfs_of_papers/Bloody%20Creek%20Crater.pdf
?
http://www.annapolisdigby.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=482:bridgetown-crater-could-draw-geo-tourists&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

?
?
New York?s Finger Lakes Region
?
http://blogs.agu.org/meetings/2010/12/21/new-york-state%E2%80%99s-hidden-secret-a-subterranean-impact-crater/

?
?Howel Creek Structure, British Columbia:
?
http://bcpg.geoscienceworld.org/cgi/content/abstract/25/4/868
?
From the Howel Creek paper:

Though the concept is still in its infancy, I believe that the HCS is the
footprint of a complex marine impact crater that was originally on the order of
10 km in diameter. Dating of the impact is still uncertain though it appears to
be of Cretaceous age. This age assumes that the impact occurred after the
intrusion of the 97 Mya Howell Creek syenites (I believe that the unusual
exposure of the complex was due largely to excavation and sliding initiated by
this event) but preceded deposition of the 90 Mya Cardium sands.......
?
?
If anyone has further information on any of?these structures, please let me
know.
?
Chuck
http://ottawa-rasc.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Odale-Articles