[meteorite-list] Expected to be absent.

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:22:34 -0800

Hi Rob & all,
        I don't think Count wants to (or anyone should) post such info
On an internationally available website (the archives).
        To me, there is no shame - except on the part of the people trying
To extort them under the guise of whatever "official" title they
May hold.
        If it didn't land on private property any discovered meteorite is
the rightful gain of the finder. However, what is "right" and what turds
Make laws about are quite often two different things. Since I am too
Damned old to be traipsing about in foreign lands, I can afford the
Freedom to condemn such crapolla.
        However, I don't think it would be a good idea to identify specific
individuals OR "countries" involved (MANY countries have hooligans in
uniforms looking to exploit their leverage at every opportunity). In
addition, some countries may want to "make an example of" any
Individuals in any given circumstance if specifics of a situation become
known.
        Let's all just hope, pray or "envision" their safe and rapid return
To freedom - before the Tucson Show.
        Best wishes, Michael