[meteorite-list] Large Meteor in Brazil

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:15:22 EST

Thank you Bernd, and thank you Dirk.

However if any one of you is planning on going to Brazil to hunt for this
latest fireball, a word of warning in light of recent events:
I have recently be made aware that Brazilian law requires that you obtain
an export permit before you take any minerals out of the country. Meteorites
are not specifically mentionned but they are minerals too, so the law
applies to them too.
Sorry that is all I know, but I suggest you get more information if you do
consider going to Brazil.
Be careful out there!!!

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 1/22/2011 5:06:19 PM Mountain Standard Time,