[meteorite-list] How to compute NEXRAD radar hit times

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 07:51:37 -0700

Marc, Rob!

I found my error. However, when I originally tried this about a month ago,
I could not duplicate 03:02:31. This was the biggest issue. I did not
capture this so I do not know why. Maybe I was using level III.

In any case, I was not changing the radial properties and I did not catch
that. When I fired it up this morning, I was actually getting a radial
properties pop-up screen, which I did not get before. That brought my
attention to it and the default is very low...in the decimals. So I
selected 15.69 and loaded that and there it was!! It is the only angle that
shows it. I tried the 12 and 19 degree cuts to see. So, that issue is
solved and thanks to you and Rob for your assistance. I was totally
successful this morning with the entire process.
This leaves me to wonder how 15.69 degrees was chosen. Were all the
elevation angles checked or was it because of witness statements???

The Google maps tie in is a good idea. Every in regards to overlays is
pretty much there.
It would be nice to have two features added or changed. Coordinates with
the ability to match the most common standards, selectable. DD.dddd,
DD_MM.mmm, DD_MM_SS ( datum selectable too) and then the ability to move
the map by inputting coordinates. Also, the program appears to default to
the +Zoom value, I would suggest it be defaulted to just the movement of the
map.

Kind Regards,

Jim Wooddell