[meteorite-list] Ad: Please support Tucson's Girl Scouts

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:28:51 -0700 (MST)

Hello to those of you now in Tucson:

As usual, Tucson does give us some cold weather and rain, but it should be
clearing up soon and will eventually be warmer, so they say.

All of you are aware of the tragic shootings that occurred on January 8
here in Tucson. It brought home just how small a town Tucson is and how
many people were directly or indirectly affected by the event.

Late last week I found out that a group that I work with is seeing
unexpected repercussions from the shooting which happened in front of a
grocery store only a few miles from where I live: the Girl Scouts. This
Thursday, Girl Scouts will start selling their cookies in front of stores
throughout Tucson. However, many of them are concerned about selling
cookies in front of stores. While the fears of many young girls may be
unjustified, the fears are real: a young girl, known to one of the troops
who have sold cookies at that shopping center for several years, was one
of those killed in the shooting.

I ask you to please support the local Girl Scouts. If you happen to be out
and around and see girls at a table selling cookies, please buy a few
boxes. Even if you do not eat them yourselves, the people who come to your
rooms would surely appreciate one of these fine cookies.

Thank you for supporting Tucson?s youth as they cope in this difficult time.

Larry Lebofsky