[meteorite-list] OT - Happy Crab Nebula Day!

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:34:26 -0400

Hi Gary and List,

A gorgeous object that I have glimpsed through a big dobsonian.

For us observers with smalll scopes, what is the visual magnitude of
the Crab now?

FWIW, I got my Messier qualification from the Astronomical League for
big binoculars and Deep Sky. I think at last count, I had bagged
about 80 Messiers and about 50 NGC/IC objects using 100mm binoculars.
It was fun. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com