[meteorite-list] NASA sues Moonwalker Astronaut

From: George Blahun <ks1u_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:22:57 -0400

First, a disclaimer, I could be completely wrong about this. However, when people who hold high positions within the government or its agencies speak outside the realm of what those agencies believe is acceptable, sometimes there are reprisals. Edgar Mitchell was one of the speakers at the "Disclosure Project's" National Press Club conference a few years ago. This was the conference where many former government employees and military personnel spoke about the evidence they had for extraterrestrial visitation. Whatever you might think about the positions taken at the conference, (Mitchell only spoke in support of the other speakers, having no first hand knowledge himself)
annoying those at NASA and the military (Mitchell accused an Admiral of lying) could be enough for someone wanting to "get even". Again, I might be totally wrong and overly suspicious of the pettiness of the management at NASA and the military upper brass, but I think it explains why they would take such a ridiculous position.

George