[meteorite-list] Offtopic Filter

From: Art <blurtheline_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:34:48 -0700

Hi Sergei;

One of the drawbacks of an non-moderated mailing list is that off
topic threads can be started and continued (until the admin
intervenes). Personally though I think that some of these off topic
posts can provide an interesting slant to the list. Also many feel
that there is some level of subjectivity in "on/off topic" so you need
to be cognizant of that. If things start to get out of hand, I
intervene when I feel it's necessary.

As Jim mentioned it is usually pretty straight forward to add a
filtering rule to your email client to filter these messages (if the
poster used "OT" or "Off topic" in the subject line).

Best Regards, Art