[meteorite-list] Does Asteroid Vesta Have a Moon?

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 18:09:25 -0700

List,

Considering the possible plausibility of a pending companion 'moon' orbiting
Vesta (or two???); and considering Mexico Doug's last contribution.... I
pose a question:

How could that grand ol' impact evidentiary-crater produce a moon of the
ssame petrologic composition of Vesta's primary/current achondritic
compostition be similar, due to a greater resultant mb-recrystalization from
impact, than the host?

Curious,
Richard Montgomery