[meteorite-list] OT James Webb Space Telescope

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 00:59:00 -0500

The JWST has turned into a long-term project, stretching
out its schedule to later and later launch dates. That is not
a bad thing because the project improves as it does so. The
loss of a year's funding needs to be partly reversed so that the
project and personnel can be maintained until the return
of funding. It wouldn't matter if it took an extra year to complete.
We're already three billion dollars into the job. Of course,
Congress could always simply throw that money away; they
ARE stupid enough. It's not like the SSC which we abandoned
after spending two billion (1993) dollars in it.

Oh, wait! It is exactly like that.

Sterling K. Webb