[meteorite-list] A Cosmic Catastrophe: The Great Clovis Comet Debate

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:00:43 -0600

The archaeological, paleontological, geological, and astronomical data
supporting the notion of a significant Pleistocene impact are very thin,
and getting thinner all the time.

Certainly, the consensus viewpoint is that there was no impact. Of
course, that doesn't mean that reputable scientists aren't still looking
at the hypothesis, but they represent a small minority of the scientists
with an interest in this area.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory