[meteorite-list] Shocked quartz and Kentland impact material

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:02:38 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings List,

After collecting specimens from the Kentland Disturbance recently, I found
many pieces of quartz. Is there any way (with a 10X loupe) to determine
if this is shocked quartz from the meteorite impact? I also found
several pieces of what appears to be a melt of some kind. I thought I
remembered someone on the list posting about Kentland melt or impact
breccia in the past. Can anyone shed some light on this or possibly post a link to some photos of Kentland impact material other than shatter
cones?

Thanx,Steve

Steve Witt
IMCA #9020