[meteorite-list] Fw: term definitions and usage

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:57:03 +0200

Dear Doug and List

I guess you opened the Pandora box...
But, thanks, I would have never thought there were so many differences !

But, please, Doug, don't think and say "Europe" when you mean UK etc...
They drive on the "wrong side"... and for a French like me, they are the
Perfid
Albion... the "weirdest human beings on Earth" ... just kidding of course !
(I say it with a more than a friendly tone ! )

On the other hand, I was surprised by the Spanish answer from Leo...
I naively thought that Billion/Milliard was of the same magnitude in the
Iberic
Peninsula... well... I was wrong, I guess.

Glad to see the answer from G?ran from Sweden: like in France ! Finally !

I guess this definitely shows that "Europe" is still only a patchwork of
very
diverse cultures and meanings, which is more than ok, but with no main
common
future in sight for a while... as it seems, looking at political turnouts.

Hope "we" don't need a "Secession War" to "accord" our views... well...
In the mean time, the emerging countries might solve that for all. So be it.

And sorry for the OT, but I am 50 years old, have seen many atrocities on
our "terrestrial" world
but what just happened in Norway... is a Horror movie made Real !
Different then others, different from 9/11 and others... but of the same
magnitude.

All the best to you and your loved ones...

MB