[meteorite-list] Edward Anders on going to the Moon: meteorites, asteroids & politics bonus (was ... 'the poor man's space probe')

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:48:54 -0400

Good luck Martin, I hope he is still active. If you want to get the
History of the World (Meteorites), from his point of view as the
foundations of the modern classification of meteorites was in progress
... and to see what was on his mind when he invented the phrase ... you
could check out Ursula Marvin's MAPS 2001 article, an oral history she
did wih him (interview), too:

(link)
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full/2001M%26PSA..36..255M
ref:
Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 36, Supplement, p. A255-A267

Kindest wishes
Doug

PS
Joke from the new publication, inspired by that special metal found in
special places,

ref: Zentralblatt "Meteoritical Nickel" Vol. V, No. V.

page 5:

What's a square a nickel in Germany?

Ans: Ni Ni in Ger ;-)

Nein, Nein, just joking

meteorites, asteroids & politics bonus (was ... 'the poor man's space
probe')

Thank you for the information, Doug.

I wrote an email to Edward Anders asking him about the phrase.

I hope he will reply.

Best wishes

Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----