[meteorite-list] Count's Cold Find

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 22:58:02 -0700

RESENDING FROM HOME ACCOUNT. (DON'T ASK; IT'LL ONLY MAKE ME
GO POSTAL.)

- - - - -

Hi Count!

Congrats on your new cold find! I will echo others' comments
that this was the first I'd heard or seen of it. Did you
ever post this to the Met-List before, or just to a limited
subset?

In either case, I must say that I agree that this is one of
those finds that photography does not do it justice: no
substitute for seeing it first hand with a hand lens or
microscope. Kudos for following through in the face of any
discouragement you may have received from others.

I'm curious about the classification; presumably just a
typo on your part:

> Two members of a commercial organization agreed on the
> classification as an OC L5 WO1/.1 S3/5.

No such thing as a weathering grade of W01/.1. Did you mean
W0/1? The shock stage is also a bit unusual; I've seen S3-4
and S3-5, but never S3/5.

Best wishes,
Rob