[meteorite-list] California Only Meteorite HammerStone UnderDozers

From: James Beauchamp <falcon99_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 20:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

You and me both, John.

Even here in the central US that's a problem. We just went through a new addition across the street here. Same stories. Nail guns starting at 0430 and not stopping until 10 PM. Call the police, they respond with "We don't enforce that." Call the city code enforcement, they just send you letters saying "No violation found.".

The pavers were the worst. Paving trucks lined up our streets for hundreds of yards every morning at idle. One of the neighbors had the guts to complain, so they started backing the trucks up into his yard. He complained more, then got a letter from the paving company's lawyers that any more complaints to the city would result in a slander lawsuit. It was real Al Capone stuff.

One morning about 0430, I hear loud thumps outside the house. Thinking someone is kicking my side door in (or the neighbors) I whip into the garage (pistol at the ready) in my robe. The sounds were coming from a construction crew pounding concrete forms by truck headlight.

A concrete truck guy told me later that the construction managers were behind schedule due to the recent rain. So, he get's the cash/carry laborer crew together and tells them if the concrete base isn't ready to be set Thursday morning, he would have "all your asses" deported.

Sad truth about the illegal immigration problem here. It's not about rights, it's legalized slavery. If they aren't citizens, they can pay them under the table and make them do whatever they want. Get out of line or need that schedule slid to the left? Just threaten them with jail and deportation back to the drug lords and they make things happen.

I only hope there's a warm place in hell for these people.