[meteorite-list] Moroccan business meteorite issuffering

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:15:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,
?
Although I have tried, I fail to recognize any coherent business model in
regards to the latest Moroccan meteorite marketing technique. ?This area has
done things differently for thousands of years so asking them to understand the
way the rest of the world does business isn?t going to happen overnight.

?
The finder/distributor/reseller/collector model worked somewhat well the last
decade. The Moroccan middlemen need to realize, they are dealing in raw
material. Study, proper preparation and documentation will add value. ?If the
finder can distribute the raw material themselves, more power to them but they
will need to target the price in a somewhat reasonable range since they are
adding no more value. ?This is the greatest weakness in the finder directly to
collector model.? Most collectors prefer a Value Added Reseller (VAR) directing
sells.? Cut out the VAR and raise prices beyond current retail at the same time
and you have a recipe for failure.
?
Best Regards,

Adam