[meteorite-list] Dawn Captures Video of Asteroid Vesta Approach

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:30:39 -0500

It will arrive at Vesta and insert itself in an initial
orbit on July 16, 2011. A few months will be spent
in regularizing the orbit and begin mapping, but
there will be lots of photo ops during that. Dawn will
remain at Vesta for one year, before taking off for
Ceres in July 2012, arriving at Ceres in Feb., 2015.

It's possible Dawn might go on to Pallas if enough
fuel remains, but I'm guessing Ceres will be more
than enough interesting that we won't want to leave.
Or Dawn could prove to have the Mars Rover "Spirit"!

Sterling K. Webb